Completed Works- What is a Cult and Mind Control? - Read this first!. Here I define just what I mean when I say "cult" and "mind control". I also dispel the popular myths surrounding this subject, so that we're all on the same page. This paper speaks to cults in general, and does not mention or target Mormonism.
- The BITE Model and Mormon Control - Steven Hassan, one of the more well-known cult experts, has described brainwashing through control of Behavior, Information, Thought, and Emotion. Here I compare the BITE model to Mormonism, point by point.
- Cognitive Dissonance and Consonance: The Basics for Former Mormons - The theory of cognitive dissonance is an important basis for understanding the dynamics of thought reform. This paper covers the basics, along with some examples in a Mormon context.
- Thought Reform Methods - Various mind control methods used by high-demand groups to entice new members, to shape their personalities, and to keep them mentally trapped in the organization.
- Stages of Cult Recovery Applied to Mormonism - Post-cult recovery stages as identified by Dr. Paul R. Martin are examined in light of Mormonism. This is a good place to start if you are interested in recovery.
- Thought-Reform Analysis of a Recent Conference Talk by Thomas S. Monson - Thomas S. Monson is one of the Church's most beloved Conference speakers. This analysis shows the subtle influence of mind control at work.